Softback BooksNo matter how complex your project is Printroom Group can print, assemble and ship them according to your exact specifications. This is a smart and stylish way of presenting printed manuals. However, the manuals will not lay flat once opened like wire-bound manuals. The spine has a square edge which allows text to be added to the spine, depending on the thickness. All of our books are both printed and hand-bound at our print hub based in Bracknell, Berkshire. The softback book covers are printed onto a 250gsm stock in full colour. The cover is then laminated with either a gloss, matt or soft-touch finish to make your manual look even more professional. We offer 130gsm gloss, 130gsm silk or 100gsm uncoated paper stocks. We can print in black and white, or full-colour if you prefer. All of our books come with a full-colour cover as standard. For heavier paper stocks, please feel free to contact us using the online chat and one of our supervisors will be able to help you.
Inner Pages Printing
Why Perfect Bound?Perfect Binding is the method that is used to create softback books. Softback bound books are glued into the cover with special bookbinding glue. The glue allows the books to be bent slightly. Perfect Bound Books are perfect for:
PDF FilesHigh resolution (300dpi) files are the best for us to work with. Please see the settings below to get the best quality printing.
- Resolution: Choose High Resolution
- Compression Settings - For colour and greyscale this should be downsampled to 300dpi with "auto compression" set on high
- Font Embedding - Should be set to "embed all fonts"
- Colour needs to be set as CMYK
- Please supply 3mm bleed around your artwork.
- Please ensure that the colour is set to CMYK, not RGB.
- Please provide crop marks around all your supplied artwork.
Microsoft Office FilesWe cannot print straight from the following programmes. However, we can save a PDF file and re-send back to you for proofing.